One of the biggest issues causing disc hernias and low back pain can be poor abdominal tone.To help strengthen tummy muscles the Bicycle Crunch comes at the top of the list for strengthening your rectus abdominus.
This was the result of research at San Diego State University that compared 13 common abdominal exercises.
How to do the Bicycle Crunch
- Lie flat on the floor with your lower back pressed to the ground
- Put your hands beside your head
- Bring your knees up to 45 degree angle and slowly go through the bicycle motion
- Touch your left elbow to your right knee and vice versa
- Try to do this for 5-10 minutes and over the following days try to increase your time
We will add to this page in the near future but for tips to help possible neck pain please refer to Men’s Health..